Saturday, May 08, 2010

Moving Day

We moved. Mostly. The movers came at 8a and brought all the big stuff to our new house. We still have bits and pieces at the duplex. It's all been very surreal. It hasn't sunk in that this is *our* house. I still feel like the bank or the previous owner or someone could change their mind and we'd have to leave.

Skip's parents drove down this afternoon and got us started on the wood floors. Donovan mowed the front yard.

This afternoon I pulled weeds int he stone planting beds while Paige took a nap in the stroller. The weather was perfect: 70s, overcast, slightly breezy. I learned my first gardening lesson - weeds are much easier to pull when they have been watered. We have lots of sticker bur weeds. There are also hollies growing all over the front lawn. Not great on bare feet. I need to research how to get rid of them. Oh and the large holly bushes in front of the house are getting yanked up ASAP.

I dead headed the roses, which leads me to lesson 2: I need clippers :)

No comments: