Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dirt! And Lots of It

The past few days I've been spending time at my favorate garden center The Natural Gardener, which also happens to be about a mile from our house.

The girls and I filled a wagon full of flowers and plants for the front rock beds. Most of them are in the ground.

I went back the next day to bag my own dirt. I'm so glad that Skip came with is on his lunch break to watch the girls. I shoveled 10 50-lb bags. Holy crap, I get why it's so much cheaper to bag it yourself. I was so tired by the end that I had a hard time getting the bags in the trunk of the car.

I built a couple of raised veggie beds in the backyard, one from cedar board and the other from stone, then filled them with the 500lbs of dirt. The veggies go in tomorrow.

Stay tuned for pictures.

No comments: