Friday, May 23, 2008

Master Cleanse - The Night Before

I officially start the Master Cleanse tomorrow. I'm very excited about starting the cleanse. After being pregnant and breastfeeding, I feel like I need to give my body a chance to recuperate. And I'm sure eating as much dairy as I do with a milk allergy doesn't help my general state of health. I've gained some inches over the winter and many of my new skinny clothes are tight. I'm hoping that they will fit again once I'm done cleansing.

We went to Veggie Garden for dinner tonight. That will be my last solid meal for at least the next 10 days. I'm a bit worried to see what it's going to look like on it's way out tomorrow morning.

My first cup of laxative tea is steeping. This is the first step. Should be ready to drink in about 5 minutes. I've never taken a laxative of any kind before. Tomorrow morning I drink 32 oz of salt water to "flush out" everything. This should be interesting.

I'm planning to do the cleanse for 14 or 15 days. I'll do my best to post everyday, but beware, from what I've read it's not going to be pretty, at least at first.

No comments: