Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 1

I woke up this morning around 8. Since Skip and Zoe were out I thought I would stay in bed for awhile. That didn't work out so well. The Senna tea I drank the night before was causing my stomach to cramp. After going to the bathroom I felt much better.

Then I moved on to the business of drinking 32 oz of salt water. I was surprised that the taste wasn't all that objectionable. However, by the time I drank 16 oz I couldn't stomach anymore. I was feeling very nauseous. In the book, he calls this step the rinse cycle. It didn't work. I must need to drink more next time.

This morning I kept thinking what am I going to eat for breakfast and had to constantly remind myself that I'm going to eat anything. Same thing happened around lunch time. Then about 2pm hunger set in. It was bad. My stomach growled in protest. I wanted bread, pasta, crackers especially. Then it moved on to almost any food out there. I imaged someone handing me a head of cabbage. I could devour it raw right now and it would be the best meal I've had in months. I'm fantasizing about the vegetable soup I'm going to make to break the cleanse. It's going to be soooooo yummy. I'm going to have faith the food cravings will decrease in the next couple of days. If not, I don't think I can make it the full 2 weeks.

The lemonaid drink was also surprising good. I would drink it even if I wasn't cleansing. Today I drank 8 10-oz servings (about 2.5 lbs of lemons) and my lemon juicer broke...ha.

It's almost midnight. I feel completely exhausted. I'm going to drink my tea and go to bed.

No comments: