Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Moment in My Mommy Life

Today, Zoe and I were at Babies R Us with our friends Giana and Keelin. Zoe was already tired from playing at the park and not having enough to eat for breakfast, and had a mini meltdown in the store because I wouldn't let her ride in the stroller they had on display.

She got a second wind when we got home and didn't want to nap. Fine. I found a tricycle for her on Craig's List that I needed to pick up at someone's house that was about 30 minutes from here. I figured she would fall asleep in the car. She was wide awake when we got there and the woman selling the tricycle wasn't home. We waited on their patio for about 10 mins, all the while Zoe was getting more and more tired. She also had a poop.

The woman finally gets home and we get Zoe's new tricycle - hurray! However, Zoe freaks out when she sees that I'm putting the tricycle in the trunk and not letting her play with it right away. I'm trying to get out of there as fast as I can, but before we can leave I have to change her poopy diaper. So I'm in the backseat changing her diaper when she takes her finger and pokes me right in the eye - and POP - out comes my contact lens.

I can't drive without my contacts, so there I am with poopy diaper everywhere trying to get my contact lens back in my eye with my pinky finger (the only clean one), and Zoe begins giggling hysterically and trying to poke my eye again. I turn my head to avoid Zoe's poking finger and this is even funnier to her, she thinks I'm playing a new game, and she starts head butting me.

After a bit of a struggle I get the contact back in my eye and finish changing the diaper. While this was all going on a car had pulled up behind me and a man had gotten out and went to the front door. It was the guy who mows the lawn. I look up and the lawn guy and the lady who sold me the tricycle are on the patio looking out at me. I can't image what they thought was going on.

One more anecdote from today. We had fixed veggie burgers for lunch and Zoe thought we were saying veggie boogers. She would put her finger in her nose every time we said burger. When we gave it to her she refused to eat. Go figure.

No comments: