Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Boat Dreams

For the past week or so every dream I've dreamed has involved a boat. At first the boat were large ships - sometimes a cruise ship or a large fishing boat - usually on the ocean or large lake. The boat was the setting for the stories. I must have had at least 8 or 9 dreams like this.

Yesterday the theme continued but in a slightly different way. In the part of my dream that I remember I was on a small one person kayak type boat in the ocean. For part of the journey I had to kick the water with my legs to move. I got back into my kayak and looked back at the water I just swam over. The lighting was different and I was able to see deep into the water. I saw that I had swam over a HUGE whale without having known it. The whale was the biggest thing I'd ever seen, probably a few hundred feet long. It was motionless just below the surface and looking right at me. I knew that the whale wouldn't hurt me, but I still felt a combination of fear and exhilaration.

The jury is still out on the meaning of all of these boat dreams, but it probably has something to do with a representation of my unconscious or blah, blah, blah.

Lately I've examining my life and my ways of thinking. I've discovered some thought patterns that I want to change, as well as some lifestyle changes that I need to make. Nothing huge, just small changes. Probably something to do with the dreams.

No comments: