Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Yeah, it's my birthday! I'm officially in my 30s now. When I first starting thinking about this b-day I was sad. I like being in my 20s. They were good years for me. I cleaned up my life -
  • I quit smoking
  • I became a vegetarian
  • I discovered and nourished my love for philosophy
  • I married my love
  • I graduated from college
  • I went to counseling and got treatment for my PTSD and depression
  • I took my bastard ex-step-father to court and a jury convicted his sorry ass
  • I worked as a professional and made a decent living for the first time
  • I lived in NYC
  • My beautiful daughter Zoe joined our family
I'm very proud of what I've accomplished in the past 10 years, and I've come up with a blueprint for the next 10. My 30s are going to be about me being myself. I'm going to continue to live in a way that is true to my heart and speak my mind even if I know that I might offend someone.

I'm going to stop taking Celexa and work on the underlying issues that are bring my depression to the surface instead of covering them up with meds. To kick it off, I'm going to do a liquid cleanse for 3 weeks. I'm waiting until we get back from NYC because I have to gorge myself at my favorite restaurants while I'm there. It is my birthday after all.

Cleansing the body, cleansing the mind... can't wait.

No comments: