Monday, December 31, 2007

Plumage

I must say that I have the best husband on the planet. For my Chrismahanuka gift this year he booked an appointment at Toni and Guy to have my hair streaked. I have been wanted to do this for at least three years. I wanted a wild color. It was a difficult decision but I finally decided on Pillarbox Red. Thank you Manic Panic :) What would the punk world be without your wonderful products? The dye has faded quite a bit since it was done a week and a half ago. The stylist told me that red is the fastest fading color. But I love the way it looks. I feel like an exotic bird. Strangely enough strangers have been more apt to strike up conversations with me since I added this color to my life. It doesn't take much to stand out around here. Wanna see more pictures?

Since I had my hair bleached before the dye went in I can re-do my hair myself. Next time I think I'm going with After Midnight Blue.

More exciting news - I finished knitting a sweater for Zoe. If I had finished a month later it would be too small.

It's been so long since I knitted a sweater that I couldn't remember how to put it together, had to go back through my old knitting books and look it up. I feel inspired and want to knit everything. I've been fantasizing that I will move to Sweden, get a few hundred angora rabbits, make my own yarn and live off selling it at fiber festivals. Have you seen these cuddly little bunnies? They look like something out of a fairy tail.

No comments: