Monday, January 28, 2008

Healthcare Insurance Update

I went to see my psychiatrist Dr R on Thursday and found out why I haven't heard back from GoldenRule. He wanted to talk to me before getting back to them. GoldenRule requested my COMPLETE files - my background information (where I was born, major events in my childhood, details about my family), details of dreams, and every other little detail that I've ever mentioned in a session. WTF?!?!?! This information is protected by patient-doctor confidentiality. Who the hell to they think they are that they can gather this information about to me. I'm not even applying for a plan that has a mental health benefit. Dr R isn't going to disclose my files. He's writing them a letter with my diagnosis and plan of treatment.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get private health care insurance. This sucks. I'm going to try one more company before I give up and get a job at Starbucks. Too bad I don't drink coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.