Monday, April 10, 2006

24 Week Happiness


I'm 24 weeks now and I'm feeling fine. Today at work 5 people touched my belly. It takes a bit of getting used to. People I don't know are asking me when the baby is due.

For the most part, I'm having an easy pregnancy. I have the common pregnancy-related complaints: fatigue, leg cramps, nosebleeds, sciatica, allergies, muscle pain, "morning" sickness, etc. One day I'll have heartburn. The next day my back will be killing me, but the heartburn will be gone. The symptoms seem to be taking turns. It's really very convenient for them to rotate like this.

I love the way my belly looks right now. This is a picture that was taken last week.

I just started reading a new book about Hume and Rousseau called Rousseau's Dog. Apparently, the two of them were friends and at some point had a falling out (I haven't gotten that far yet). Hume is one of my all time favorite philosophers. I love his writings about causation - it's enough to make your brain ache - so it's interesting to learn about what he was like as a person. Why don't they teach this stuff in school?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! And if they taught you everything in school, what would you read when you're pregnant?